Structure classification
Monument
13 documented locations on file.

Corn Arbitration Monument
A 31-foot bronze ear of corn commemorating the 1948 Platte Hollow Corn Arbitration, which ended a two-year dispute between rival grain cooperatives over moisture deductions. It is believed to be the only monument in Nebraska, and possibly anywhere, dedicated to a successful binding arbitration.

Monument to Abandoned Picnic Tables
The Monument to Abandoned Picnic Tables is a tribute to the forgotten picnic tables of America: 22 salvaged tables arranged in a zig-zag line up a small hill off County Road 14. Constructed as part of a late-'90s tourism initiative, it is the largest collection of decommissioned public seating in the state, a distinction no other body has contested.

The Commonwealth Demonstration Staircase
Crews from the Pelton Falls Highway Division repaint the handrail of the Commonwealth Demonstration Staircase every third April, under a maintenance order that appears to have renewed itself without interruption since 1938. The staircase itself — twenty-two granite steps, WPA-stamped, completed in 1936 to connect Cottage Street with the then-considerably-higher Prospect Street — now begins and ends at the same elevation, both streets having been regraded level at some point the town's records describe only as "subsequent." Visitors ascend eleven steps, cross a short landing, and descend eleven steps to the grade they started from, a round trip the bronze plaque still characterizes as "a permanent improvement." What the file needs is the regrading project itself: which department flattened Prospect Street, when, and whether anyone informed the crew that repaints the rail. The clerk who reportedly holds the Grade Equalization folder works Tuesdays.

The Concrete Banana
A 34-foot reinforced concrete banana erected by citrus farmers to announce a diversification program that never produced a marketable banana. The monument outlived the program, the committee, and the packing house it was built to advertise, and is now maintained by the Talley Ridge Garden Club.

The Duplicate Key Monument
Four oversized brass-colored keys stand upright in a diamond on a concrete pad beside the former Prentice Grove Civic Center annex, each cut to the same old municipal master profile and each labeled for a different building that no longer uses that system. A small aluminum sign attributes upkeep to the Prentice Grove Facilities Harmonization Committee, which appears also to be responsible for the shrub ring and for replacing the laminated explanation sheet when it fades. The reported reason for the monument is unusually specific: sometime in the late 1980s, after a school, library, township hall, and parks garage were all re-keyed in separate capital projects, a retiring locksmith donated the obsolete pattern books and urged the town to mark what local minutes reportedly called "the end of universal access by convenience." One hook detail needing confirmation is that one of the four keys may have been recut in 1996 after residents complained the original teeth were for the wrong garage.

The Founders' Paper Clip
A 22-foot brushed stainless steel paper clip mounted upright on a low granite pad stands at the edge of Merrow Ferry's small civic green as the Founders' Paper Clip, apparently maintained by the Merrow Ferry Bicentennial Records Committee and, more recently, the Parks and Shade Tree Department. A weathered plaque states that it honors the town's "tradition of orderly documentation," which appears to refer to a long-closed office-supply packaging plant two blocks away and a 1975 records-retention campaign that deserves fuller review. The hook, according to the laminated notice zip-tied beside the shrub bed, is that the clip's inner curve was fabricated to match the enlarged outline of a single No. 1 Gem clip found in the desk of the first borough clerk during archive renovations. Whether that desk story predates the monument or was attached to it afterward is not yet clear. The parking arrangement also seems unresolved during weekday municipal use.

The Giant Left Sock
A 28-foot plaster-and-steel sock, heather gray with a red heel and toe, built as one half of a planned matched pair marking the entrance of Nordwall Hosiery Mills. The right sock was budgeted, deferred, and never built. The left one remains.

The Giant Receipt
A 34-foot enameled-steel replica of an itemized cash-register receipt, erected in 1969 to commemorate Delaware's absence of a sales tax. Its eleven line items reproduce, at 22-to-1 scale, an actual purchase made at Pomeroy's Variety on March 3, 1969, concluding with the line the monument exists to celebrate: TAX $0.00.

The Metric Conversion Monument
"PERCH LAKE 3 MI," reads the face that greets southbound traffic on the provincial road below Osier Plain; the northbound face puts the same trip at 4.9 km. The discrepancy — a rounding error of roughly one hundred metres, introduced when the second face was painted during the metrication push of 1977 — has outlived the store the distances were measured to, and in 1994 the rural municipality voted seven to two to leave both faces as painted. An interpretive post added after the vote explains the arithmetic without taking a side. Which face is wrong turns out to depend on where at Perch Lake one stops measuring, a question the municipality has formally declined to settle. The minutes of the 1994 meeting are said to survive in a binder at the municipal office, which is open when the administrator is in.

The Municipal Egg
A 14-foot fiberglass egg mounted on a concrete apron outside Bellamy City Hall. Commissioned for the 1976 bicentennial as a tribute to the town's poultry-shipping era, it has never received an official designation, and appears in municipal records variously as a sculpture, a seasonal decoration, and a utility cover.

The People's Thermos
A 90-foot steel thermos beside U.S. Highway 10, erected by a regional coffee roaster as a roadside advertisement and painted in its signature green plaid. When the company failed in 1971, the village assumed ownership and renamed the structure by public contest.

The Silhouette Haven
A procession of six life-size steel silhouettes — a horseman, a bugler, a family in mid-wave — arranged single file at the edge of Bailey Park, facing traffic beside the Grafton Heights welcome sign. Erected by the Grafton Heights Visual Arts Council in 1989 to celebrate the community's shared direction.

The Victory Scrap Pile
Sixty-one tons of scrap metal collected by the community of Naylor's Store in nine weeks of 1942 and never picked up, the war having ended before its rail allocation arrived. Fenced in 1948 and designated a memorial in 1953, it is believed to be the only wartime scrap drive preserved by inaction, and its disposal has remained under assessment for seven decades.